LAST UPDATED: 08, 2023
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA) and/or UK, please also review Section 11 below which contains important additional information.
1. What data do we collect?
We may collect Personal Information from or about you in order to provide, enhance, market, and offer our products and services, and to communicate with you when necessary.
“Personal Information” means (i) a natural person’s name, street address, telephone number, e-mail address, photograph, social security number, or tax identification number, driver’s license number, passport number, credit card number, bank information, or customer or account number; (ii) any information which would qualify as “personally identifying information” under the Federal Trade Commission Act, as amended; (iii) “Personal Information” as defined by GDPR; and (iv) any other piece of information that allows the identification of such natural person, or his or her family.
The personal information we collect during your use of our products and services falls broadly into the following categories;
Contact Information: name (including Atlassian user name and avatar), email address, and professional information (such as company name, job title, department, or job role).
Transaction Information: As an Atlassian Marketplace Partner, we maintain transaction information shared by Atlassian Pty Ltd. (“Atlassian”), including company name, contact name, and email address. We DO NOT have access to any purchase and financial information.
Network Identification: We may also collect Atlassian ID, Account Name, and Avatar.
Location Data: We may also have access to device Information, IP address, MAC address, etc.
Usage Information: We may process application logs containing the application’s activities, properties, and processes.
Communication Information: This may include audio, electronic, visual information, as well as any data in any files uploaded, emailed or provided through a support ticket, and the contents of your communications with us via email, social media, telephone or voice calls, or via whatever interaction you participated in.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use Personal Information collected for additional purposes without providing you notice.
2. How do we collect your data?
We collect data, including Personal Information, from a variety of sources depending on the nature of the products or services you use or the interaction you have with us.
Sources may include:
- Your direct submission: You may provide information to us through our services or interactions with us. This may include unstructured information (such as that in an email) or a response to a survey, online form, social media platform or other data gathering mechanism.
- Indirectly via your use: We may collect information from you in the course of your use of our products or services. For example, our app may store data that may be processed and stored on Ricksoft’s AWS based servers located in the State of Virginia, US.
- From Third Parties: transactional information from Atlassian, including information regarding your purchases or evaluations of any of our products in Atlassian Marketplace.
3. How do we use your data?
To the extent permitted by law, we will use the data provided, including Personal Information, to:
- Provide the products and services you request and send you related information.
- Provide support and improve the services and manage system administration and security.
- Respond to your comments, inquiries, and requests and provide customer service.
- Link or combine information that we collect directly with information from Atlassian to help understand your needs and provide you with a better experience.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications (in accordance with your marketing preferences).
- Send you e-mail newsletters and alerts (in accordance with your newsletter and alerts preferences).
- Perform statistical and marketing analyses of user behavior.
- Conduct surveys.
- Comply with or enforce legal requirements, agreements, and policies.
- Evaluate candidate applications for job postings.
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
*Please see Section 9 below about your choices and how to opt-out.
4. How do we share and disclose your data?
In general, there are various people within Ricksoft who may need access to the information that you provide us with. They may need it for technical, commercial or compliance reasons, and this will be done in accordance with Ricksoft’s internal security policy.
Third Parties and Sub-processors
We may share Personal Information with our trusted business partners. For example, we may share your Personal Information with the tech support service company that we work with to provide better support to our customers. These partners may use your Personal Information to, among other things, send you information or contact you about the services and products related to you. The other example is, to the extent permitted by applicable law, that we may share Personal Information with third parties for purposes of our marketing, advertising, promotions, contests, or other similar purposes.
Compliance with Law
When we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the Personal Information is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any requirement of law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce or investigate a potential violation of our End User License Agreement, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise respond to fraud, security or technical concerns, (d) support auditing and compliance functions, or (e) protect the rights, property, or safety of Ricksoft, its users, or the public against harm.
If our business undergoes a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization, or liquidation, Personal Information may be transferred along with the business. Where legally required we will give you prior notice and, if you have a legal right to do so, an opportunity to object to this transfer.
**Ricksoft, Inc., not Atlassian, is responsible for the processing of End User Data, along with other disclosures required by Laws.
5. Cookies and other technologies
6. How do we keep your information secure?
We have implemented privacy and security measures reasonably adequate to preserve your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction including, without limitation, compliance with Atlassian Marketplace privacy and security requirements.
Although we work hard to protect your Personal Information, Ricksoft cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through online forms, applications, or emails, so please always use caution when submitting Personal Information. We are not responsible for any outcome if you circumvent any privacy settings or security measures.
We will retain your Personal Information in compliance with the uses described in this Private Policy and in order to provide you with the service, as well as to comply with our legal obligations, to conduct audits, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Our products and services are intended for adults, and we will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any person under the age of 16 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us in accordance with Section 15.
8. How long do we retain your information?
9. Your choice and how to opt-out
Depending on where you are located, you may have certain choices about how we use your Personal Information, including the right to access, receive a copy of, correct, delete, and opt-out of the processing of your Personal Information. To exercise your rights (including to opt-out of marketing communications) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (at email@example.com to our EU representative, or firstname.lastname@example.org to our UK representative.).
Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from certain correspondence, we may still need to contact you with important transactional or administrative information, as permitted by law.
Additionally, if you withdraw your consent or object to processing, or if you choose not to provide certain Personal Information, we may be unable to provide some or all of the services to you.
10. California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to California’s Shine the Light statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83), you can control if we share Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes. To opt-out of us sharing your Personal Information with third parties for such purposes, email us at email@example.com (at firstname.lastname@example.org to our EU representative, or email@example.com to our UK representative.).
In addition, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents may have certain other rights concerning their Personal Information. This section describes (i) the categories of Personal Information collected and disclosed by Ricksoft, subject to CCPA, (ii) your privacy rights under CCPA, and (iii) how to exercise those rights.
a. Personal Information
The term “Personal Information” in this section means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. As described above in Section 1 of this Private Policy, we collect Personal Information under CCPA from you.
b. Consumer Rights
In accordance with the CCPA, California residents may exercise, under certain conditions, the following privacy rights with respect to their Personal Information. Please note that you will not be discriminated against in any way if you exercise the rights listed below, which means we will not deny products or services to you, provide different prices or rates for products or services to you, or provide a different level or quality of products or services to you.
- Notice: You may have the right to be notified, at or before the point of collection, of the categories of Personal Information we collect and the purposes for which they will be used and shared.
- Access: You may have the right to request the categories of Personal Information that we collected in the previous twelve months, the categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected, the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you, and the business purposes for which such Personal Information is collected and shared. You may also have the right to request the categories of Personal Information which were disclosed for business purposes, and the categories of third parties in the twelve months preceding your request for your Personal Information.
- Data Portability: You may have the right to receive a portable copy of the Personal Information you have previously provided to us.
- Erasure: You may have the right to ask us to delete (and have us direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information. However, please be aware that we may not fulfill your request for deletion if we (or our service provider(s)) are required or permitted to retain your Personal Information for one or more of the following categories of purposes: (1) to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or complete a contract between us and you; (2) to ensure our website integrity, security, and functionality; (3) to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law (including free speech rights); or (4) to otherwise use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- To Opt-Out: We do not sell your Personal Information. If in the future we do sell your Personal Information, we will notify you and you may have the right to opt-out of such sale.
If you are under 18, you have the right to request and obtain the removal of content or information you have publicly posted under the California Business and Professions Code Section 22581. Be aware that your request does not guarantee the complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online, as the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
c. How to Exercise your rights
If you would like to exercise your rights listed above, please send or have your authorized agent send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (at email@example.com to our EU representative, or firstname.lastname@example.org to our UK representative.).
Please note that we may need to verify your identity before we can fulfill your request.
d. How we respond to your requests.
We will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your request within 45 days. However, where reasonably necessary, we may extend our response time with a prior notice of such extension.
If you request a copy of the Personal Information that we have of you, we will provide the information to you via your preferred delivery mechanism. If the information is provided electronically, we will provide you the information in a portable format and, to the extent technically feasible, in a machine readable, readily usable format that allows you to transmit this information freely.
Please note that we will not charge you for making a request, if you make no more than two requests per year. If you make three or more requests in any given twelve month period, we may refuse to respond to such requests or we may charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs. If we refuse to act on the request, we will provide you with a notice and the reason for our refusal.
11. Information for Residents of the European Economic Area and UK
In accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), individuals in the EU and/or UK may have additional rights relating to the collection and processing of Personal Information.
a. Basis for Processing
We process Personal Information from you;
- where we need it to perform a contract with you;
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests (including the purposes described, above, in Section 3. How we use your data?);
- where the processing is necessary for us to meet our applicable legal obligations; or
- if we otherwise have your consent.
b. Your Privacy Rights
Depending on applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Request access to your Personal Information.
- Request correction of your Personal Information.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information. *We may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Information.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Information.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or would like further information, please contact us at email@example.com (at firstname.lastname@example.org to our EU representative, or email@example.com to our UK representative.)
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We may ask you to verify your identity in order to help us respond efficiently to your request.
Depending on where you are located, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning Personal Information. We encourage you to first reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org (at email@example.com to our EU representative, or firstname.lastname@example.org to our UK representative.), so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly before you do so.
12. Links to third parties and their sites
Occasionally we may provide links to other sites for your convenience and information. We do not control these third parties and this Private Policy does not apply to their privacy practices. We are not responsible for the practices of these third parties or how they use information you provide to them. Please read the third parties’ privacy policies carefully.
13. International data transfers
We process and store user data in the United States, Germany, Ireland, Singapore, and Australia. If you are located anywhere outside of the United States, please be advised that we may transfer your data to the United States and other countries, whose laws may not provide the same protections as the laws in your country.
14. Updates to this Private Policy
15. Contacting Ricksoft
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us using the details below. We will respond within 72 hours of receiving your inquiry.
Attn: Security and Privacy Compliance
800 W El Camino Real #180,
Mountain View, CA 94040
- Tell us which right you are exercising: Refer to Section 11-b and specify which right you want to exercise and the Personal Information to which your request relates (if not to you). If you are acting on behalf of another consumer, please clearly indicate this fact and your authority to act on such consumer’s behalf.
- Help us verify your identity: Provide us enough information to verify your identity. For example, provide us (at least) your full name, address, and phone number. Please note that if we cannot initially verify your identity, we may request additional information to complete the verification process. Any Personal Information you disclose to us for the purpose of verifying your identity will solely be used for the purpose of verification.
- Direct our response delivery: Inform us of the delivery mechanism with which you prefer to receive our response. You may specify, for example, email, mail, or through your account (if you have one with us).